Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Letter to the Coach

123 Main Street
Penticton, British Columbia,
V2A 3W1

May 16, 2011

Mr. Kleats
Soccer Coach
123 Main Street,
Sportstown, British Columbia
V2A 3W1

Dear Mr. Kleats:

My name is Jacob Hollenbeck; I am the father of Richard Hollenbeck. I have recognized and appreciate your time and dedication you put in with our children. I do realize that like most parents you have a busy life but and on behalf of myself and the other parents I do have a few concerns I would like to address to you.

I attend my sons practices and games regularly and I can’t help but notice that you tend to arrive to practice late. Also once you arrive and practice has started it seems to me that you come unprepared because the practices seem unorganized. Another concern I have is that even though my son gets a lot of playing time, being your star player, I have realized that there are several boys that do not get very much playing time, including your son. Not to mention the select few that do not receive any time on the field during games. One last concern is your emphasis on winning. Yes it is fun for both the players and coach to win every game but the boys are only 11 and I believe it isn't all about winning.

Noticing that you are a busy parent with work and such me and the other parents have come up with some solutions that you may consider in helping you out with coaching. Perhaps you could assign an assistant coach that gets off work early enough to prepare a structured practice and be able to arrive to practice on time and have the kids started with a warm up. I do think that if the boys have well planned practices that you may not need to overplay the star players and some of the weaker boys may get some valuable playing time and the winning may still come. It would be great if you could reply with who you may want to assist you as coach and what else you have to say about our concerns and any other way you think we could help you out.

Sincerely,



Jacob Hollenbeck

1 comment:

  1. 2 of 3 assignments complete. First sentence of the satirical essay is very confusing. Essay doesn't quite capture the humorous tone of satire. Letter is very detailed and very diplomatic.Good job on that one.

    ReplyDelete